KidCity is our program for children ages birth through 6th grade. All teachers and volunteers are fully trained and background checked by Neartown Church. If you are interested in seeing the KidCity area prior to Sunday morning, feel free to contact us to set up a brief tour.
We invite all kids older than 5 to join us in the worship service for the music portion of the service, then exit after music with their teacher to their class. We value families and welcome this opportunity for our children to experience this aspect of church life.
KidCity Information for Parents
The ministry of KidCity is to teach children the peace of life with Jesus Christ in a secure and fun environment. To accomplish this mission we need the help of parents in the following ways:
Safety and Security
- When children are checked in parents will receive a security tag.
- Parents should write any special instructions or needs on the class sign in sheet.
- Children will be released only to parent holding a matching security tag.
- Parents may not go past the check-in desk into the childrenʼs area without a KidCity Coach or Teacher with them.
- All KidCity teachers have been appropriately screened to work with children.
- Your children may be dropped off up to 15 minutes before the service begins.
- Any personal items left with children such as bottles, bags, etc., should be labeled with their first and last name. No glass containers please.
- Provide disposable diapers for your child.
- Please do not bring toys from home for safety and sanitation reasons.
In order to keep our Neartown Kids healthy please observe the following, we cannot accept any child in a classroom who has experienced ANY ONE of these symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Severe Cough
- Nasal Drainage
- Sore Throat
- Cold Symptoms
- Eye Infection
- Head Lice
- Any unexplained skin rash or infection
- Open skin lesions or wounds
- Any symptom of infectious childhood disease
We want only the best for you and your family. Thank you for doing your part to help us maintain a healthy environment for your children.
If you have questions about any of these items, please feel free to contact Jeanie Cravens, our KidCity Director at Jeanie@Neartownchurch.org.